Job Opening at Homes of Hope: Accounts Manager, Financial Department
Homes of Hope is hiring a full-time Accounts Manager to join our Financial Department in Greenville, South Carolina.
Position Title: Accounts Manager
Department: Financial Department
Status: Full Time - 36.5 hours/week
Hours – M - TH 8:30-5:00
Friday 8:30-3:00 Staff Lunch on Friday
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Department Vision and Mission: Our vision for the Homes of Hope, Inc. Financial Department is to create and maintain systems and procedures that accord with industry best practice standards, maintain and grow the fiscal health of the organization, and lend support to all departments; thereby directly contributing to the overall mission of Homes of Hope, Inc.
Position Summary: A fast-paced financial accounts management position, including A/P and A/R management, financial reporting, organization of company files and assets, and oversight of assigned areas of financial responsibility. Focus areas are financial property management records, government and private grants management, donor records, and Real Estate Development accounting systems.
Reporting Relationships: Accounts Manager reports directly to the Comptroller
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounts Manager is responsible for:
- Appling accounting principles, theories and practices to a wide variety of tasks
- Perform accounting, clerical and analytical tasks related to the efficient bookkeeping maintenance and processing of accounts payable / accounts receivable. This is a high-volume task requiring daily management
- Engaged and accurate data entry
- Making and implementing recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Maintain a filing system in organized manner for paid invoices, voided checks, paid check requests, etc., with fiscal year end transfer of paper files to storage
- Process check requests and write checks as approved
- Interact with banks through online interfaces and prepare and make bank deposits
- Process electronic ACH transactions and electronic payments
- Managing and tracking organization credit card process, reconciling receipts to statement, properly document and record
- Managing and tracking mileage and fuel reimbursements
- Vendors – Maintain system to verify insurance, W-9s, create annual 1099s.
- Process journal entries for all monthly property management statements, with completion of monthly spreadsheet reports
- Communicate with clients, vendors, and banking contacts as assigned
- Assist the Comptroller in the daily cash flow management
- Accurate, timely updating of all spreadsheets pertaining to any financial activities, with timely reporting of all monthly financial information as requested for all departments and Board of Directors, including monthly budget reports, and donations received reports
- Monthly budget reporting to all departments
- Assist in completing the financial statements and supporting analysis as requested
- Assist in updating dashboards and other financial reports
- Assist Comptroller, other department personnel, and community partners to ensure compliance monitoring activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist Resource Development department with Donor Management functions
- Assist Comptroller to ensure a clean and timely fiscal year-end audit
- Develop an understanding of the Men’s Development Continuum of Care and SNAP2Work grants and be able to process draw requests, keeping accurate records as required by the grants
- Develop systems for a regular volunteer to assist with appropriate tasks
- Support Comptroller with special projects
- Assist Comptroller with H.R. duties as assigned
- Perform clerical duties such as filing and typing, operate a variety of general office equipment including computer, calculator, copier/fax/printer
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to drive personal vehicle to banks for deposits and payments, and other company related business. Will be reimbursed at current I.R.S. rates as stated in company mileage policy.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, the candidate must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must be a person of integrity – able to be trusted with the company’s assets, and information protected under HIPPA regulations.
- Must be bondable and must successfully complete a criminal background check at company expense
- Possess a good understanding of balance sheet accounting
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion
- Excellent time management and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to assimilate into the workplace culture
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Solution-minded thinking and behavior – a genuine concern for effectiveness – possesses the desire to work with excellence
- Must have critical-thinking and problem-solving skills and be able to see “beyond the spreadsheet”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Display sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in Homes of Hope, Inc. clients served
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Related professional experience of 2 or more years, and/or Associates Degree with emphasis in accounting.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and MS Office applications (Excel and Word).
- Understanding of real estate development a plus
- Understanding of non-profit accounting principles and procedures a plus
- Familiarity with federal and state grant funds management a plus
- Service-minded, especially as it relates to interdepartmental interaction and reporting
No phone calls. Please send resumes to Cyndi Gullick, email@example.com
More in What's New
July 20, 2018Congratulations Essence!
April 3, 2018Men's Development Training Center
February 2, 2018Affordable Housing as a Vaccine for Healthier Children